MA Art Education
The Art Education degree offered by the University of Arizona is intended to meet the needs of students who wish advanced professional understanding within the field of Art Education. You may pursue an MA or, if interested in certification to teach in public schools and not currently certified, the MA plus certification.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
|Starting in:||August, January|
|Tuition Fee:||$10,063 per semester|
|Location:||Tucson, United States|
Three options are available to students seeking the Art Education degree offered by the University of Arizona:
- Art and Visual Culture Studies | Offers the most flexibility to build expertise in an area of interest. You will take core art and visual culture education courses and use electives to build expertise.
- Community and Museums | Provides learning and internship opportunities for students interested in professional roles as art and visual culture educators in community or museum venues.
- Teaching Option | Provides coursework leading to certification to teach art at k-12 levels in the state of Arizona. The certification is transferable, with minor adaptations, in many other states in the US.
“Choosing the Master’s program for Physiological Sciences at the University of Arizona was one of the best decisions I could have made in my education. Our department is warm and collaborative, offering an array of research topics and techniques underneath a vast and integrative umbrella of physiology. Beyond my research experience, I was presented with teaching opportunities, which I feel honed my skill of scientific communication. Having the dynamic research/teaching/class schedule not only kept me active but helped me reinforce material in multiple contexts. Overall, this program was exactly what I wanted in my segway into the medical sciences… and with my teaching assistantship paying for my tuition, how could I say no?”
Andrew Wojtanowski // MS 2016
- Research Methods in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Teaching Art and Visual Culture Education
- Theory in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Pedagogical Practices in Art and Visual Culture Education